+ Mercedes-Benz cars of the class S (W-140)
+ Operation manual
+ Routine maintenance
Check of a compression in engine cylinders
Check of the engine by means of the vacuum gage
Belt of the streaming drive of auxiliary units
- 6-cylinder petrol engines (M104.944 and M104.990/994)
Cover of a head of the block of cylinders - installation details
Removal and installation of the inlet pipeline with the resonator (except the engine 104.990)
Final collector (except the engine M 104.990) - installation details
Removal and installation of a head of the block of cylinders
Removal and installation of a cover of a chain of the GRM drive
The GRM drive - the general information, service of components
Asterisk of a bent shaft - an installation detail
Removal and installation of the regulator of the camshaft
Removal and installation of camshafts
Replacement of the directing plugs of valves
Replacement of saddles of valves
Removal and installation of pistons
Replacement of piston rings
Check of a condition of rods
Check of a condition of a bent shaft
Service of the block of cylinders
Removal and installation of the pallet of a case of the engine
The oil pump - installation details
The oil level sensor switch - installation details, test data
+ 8-cylinder petrol engines (M119.970/981 and M119.971/981)
+ 12-cylinder petrol engines (M120.980/982)
+ 6-cylinder diesel engines (OM603.971)
+ 6-cylinder diesel engines (OM606.961)
+ Cooling systems, heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Gear shifting box
+ Automatic transmission
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Removal and installation of camshafts
Removal Removal of camshafts
1 — Natyazhitel of a GRM drive chain
3, 5 — Asterisks of camshafts
6 — a GRM drive Chain
25 — the Key
30 — the Forward cover
42 — the Top directing lever
Removal of camshafts
1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14 — Covers of bearings of camshafts
2 — the Inlet camshaft
3 — the Final camshaft
1. Install the piston of the first cylinder in situation 30 ° before VMT.
2. Remove a natyazhitel of a chain.
3. Remove a forward cover (30) and the top directing lever (42).
4. Mark the provision of asterisks of camshafts concerning a chain of the GRM (6) drive (shooter).
5. Turn off an asterisk (3) of the final camshaft.
6. Remove a chain of the GRM (6) drive from asterisks (5) of the inlet camshaft.
7. Turn camshafts by means of a key so that cams of camshafts of the second cylinder installed the hydrocompensator in average situation.
8. Turn off bolts of fastening of covers of bearings (1), (4), (6) and (7) final and (8), (11), (13) and (14) inlet camshafts. Camshafts cannot be turned during an otvorachivaniye or weakening of bolts of covers of bearings.
9. Turn off bolts of fastening of other covers, and remove camshafts.
Installation Installation of camshafts
|2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 12 — Covers of bearings
||13, 14 — Camshafts
|1. Check hydrocompensators.
2. Grease all hydrocompensators and covers of bearings.
3. Install camshafts in a bed of bearings at position of the piston of the first cylinder in situation 30 ° before VMT.
4. Establish covers (2), (3) and (5) final and (9), (10) and (12) inlet camshafts.
5. Tighten bolts of fastening of covers of bearings of camshafts the moment of 21 Nanometer.
6. Establish other covers of bearings and tighten fastening bolts.
7. Establish an asterisk of the final camshaft and wrap fastening bolts.
8. Establish a chain on asterisks of camshafts on earlier made tags.
9. Establish a forward cover and the top directing lever, a natyazhitel of a chain of the GRM drive.
10. Check control position of camshafts.
|11. On camshafts there is a code designation on the third neck (arrow) (behind a bearing cover) or paint on a camshaft flange.
|12. Covers of bearings have designations. Numbering of covers of bearings is poured out on a head of the block of cylinders. Covers of bearings have to be established according to a digital code. The inlet camshaft can be removed or installed together with an asterisk.
|13. The repair sizes of bearings of camshafts are specified in Specifications. ||