+ Mercedes-Benz cars of the class S (W-140)
+ Operation manual
- Routine maintenance
Active system of the warning of the term of approach planned THAT (ASSYST)
Schedule of routine maintenance
General information on control
Check of levels of liquids, control of leaks
Check of a condition of tires and pressure in them, designation of tires and disks of wheels, rotation of wheels
Replacement of motive oil and oil filter
Check of the brake system
Check of fuel system, replacement of the fuel filter
Check of a state and replacement of hoses of a motive compartment, localization of leaks
Check of a condition of ridge belts of the streaming drive of auxiliary units
Check of functioning of the cooling system and frost resistance of cooling liquid, liquid replacement
Check of a condition of system of production of the fulfilled gases
Check of the ATF level, replacement of the AT filter
Visual check of tightness of automatic transmission
Check of a condition of components of a suspension bracket and steering
Check of a condition of protective covers of power shafts
Check of the air conditioning system
Lubricant of limiters of doors and cylinders of locks
Visual control of a seat belt and block of a safety cushion
Check of operability of headlights and horn
Check of a state, adjustment and replacement of brushes of screen wipers
Check of a condition of the battery, care of it and charging
Replacement of the saloon filter
Replacement of brake fluid
Check and replacement of spark plugs, check of a condition of high-voltage wires (petrol models)
+ Cooling systems, heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Gear shifting box
+ Automatic transmission
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Replacement of brake fluid
Repeatedly do not apply the brake fluid which was in the use! Old brake fluid is much more darkly fresher. It allows to distinguish them easily.
It is not necessary to pour out brake fluid together with household waste or somewhere to other place. Local authorities have to inform on collection points for brake fluid.
The following belongs to number of the tools necessary for implementation of the described procedure:
Cap key for an otvorachivaniye of the union of removal of air.
Transparent plastic hose with an internal diameter of 6 mm and capacity for collecting brake fluid.
Necessary amount of the brake fluid meeting the specification.
Brake fluid through a time of brake hoses and an air vent of the GTTs tank absorbs the moisture which is contained in the atmosphere. Thereof liquid boiling temperature in use decreases. At big load of brakes it can lead even to steam formation that reduces efficiency of action of brakes.
Brake fluid owes each 2 years, it is desirable in the spring, to be replaced with new. At the frequent movement in the mountain area, liquid needs to be replaced more often.
On HUNDRED air from the brake system, as a rule, is removed on the special device. However it can be done also without use of the specified device. At the same time the brake system is pumped over by a brake pedal. For this purpose participation of the assistant is required.
If in the course of removal of air from the brake system liquid level sharply decreases, then there is a suction of the air getting to the pump ABS. In this case removal of air needs to be made on HUNDRED with use of the special device. When replacing any brake hose air needs also to be removed from system on HUNDRED. Until it is made, it is impossible to use the car.
Pumping of brake mechanisms is made in the following order:
1. The support is back right
2. The support is back left
3. The support is forward right
4. The support is forward left
Observe special precautionary measures during the work with brake fluid (see the Head the Brake system)
Order of implementation of the procedure
|1. By means of a suction remove brake fluid from the GTTs tank, having left a layer of liquid about 10 mm thick at the bottom of the tank. Do not delete all liquid from the tank, otherwise air will get to the brake system.
2. Fill the compensation tank with fresh brake fluid to a tag "MOVE".
|3. Carefully, not to curtail, open the union of removal of air. It is recommended in 2 hours prior to removal of air to process the union means for removal of a rust. If the union does not open, then operation on removal of air from the brake system should be charged to a workshop.
|4. On the right back support of the disk wheel brake mechanism put on a pure transparent hose the union of removal of air and insert it into a suitable vessel.
5. Ask the assistant to squeeze out repeatedly a brake pedal until counter-pressure to pressing of a pedal becomes notable. Press a pedal and open the union of removal of air. Close the union after the brake pedal rests against a body floor. Take away a leg from a pedal. Repeating this process, pump out about 400-500 ml of old brake fluid.
6. Close the union of removal of air and fill in new brake fluid in the compensation tank.
7. In the same way pump out old brake fluid from other supports or wheel brake cylinders, observing the sequence stated above.
8. Hand over old brake fluid on special point on reception of the fulfilled fuels and lubricants.
The merged brake fluid anyway has to be pure and without air bubbles. From each brake support it is necessary to pump out about 400-500 cm3 of old brake fluid.
9. Press a brake pedal and check its free wheeling which should not exceed 1/3 courses of a pedal.
10. Fill in brake fluid in the tank to earlier existing level.
11. Screw a stopper on the tank.
12. Make sure of durability of fixing of brake tubes and hoses in all provided clamps. Check reliability of delay in nipple connections and gates of pumping. Check liquid level in the GTTs tank.
13. On the working engine check tightness of system. For this purpose press about 10 times a brake pedal with effort of 200 - 300 N (20 - 30 kgfs). The pedal of a brake should not fail. Check all connections for tightness.
14. In conclusion check action of brakes on the road with not heavy traffic of transport. For this purpose it is necessary to make not less than one strong braking, having checked ABS action (a sign of work of ABS the brake pedal pulsation when braking is).
You watch the transport going following your car. The effect of action of ABS is best of all shown on the unpaved road.